Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My life is moving forward like the road runner in the cartoon. June 2012 I was heading to speak in Florida and planning to coordinate the first fundraiser at God's Cozy Acres.  Incredible visit that led me to outstanding Christians that shared good news and insight to help me on this path. I am so blessed as I travel on this path for the Lord! The word upon my return was "impossible". They said we could not pull off a fundraiser like I was attempting the short amount of time. My comment was we will do just fine by the grace of God!  We needed to raise at least $750.00 to receive $250.00 from Thrievent. We raised 2,530.00 and we received additional funds making the donation from Thrievent $500.00.  Talk about blessings raining down on God's Cozy Acres! We had wonderful talent providing music that brought smiles to everyone. Great food and a wonderful silent auction kept everyone busy until the afternoon rains finally came.

Lessons learned with this fundraiser will be used as we get ready for the fundraiser next year. The second annual fundraiser will be at a cooler time!

The most important thing to note is that the Lord sent volunteers that worked very very hard to get a good result for God's Cozy Acres. The Lord sent people from the community to see what is happening and where to come in the future.

We were blessed many times over and thank the gracious Lord for everything.

1 comment: