Sunday, March 9, 2014

What Happened To You? Where are you?

Life happens to all of us. We move forward, backwards or ahead, it's our choice. Now the speed we travel is our choice the guiding force in the Lord's Hands.

A new life partner is a blessing and with that blessing comes responsibilities. One responsibility is to respect the fact that I have two others to think about now. The Lord comes first in my life, as I work for the Lord. My husband has the Lord first in his life also. The new blend can sometimes be a challenge, but we try (with the help of the Lord) to speak with the Love of Christ in all situations. Next, I ask for forgiveness and guidance as I mess up all day long. I am so glad the Lord loves me and will keep correcting the direction of my path.

Have you been counting your miracles? I forget to put on  my miracle glasses most of the time, but when I have them on I can see clearly!

February to September 2013 preparation for fundraiser and helping facilitate GriefShare program.

September 2013  fundraiser at God's Cozy Acres. Such Love from people and businesses in the community and churches.With that we were able to start renovation of the donkey barn into the Tractor Barn October 2013.Structure change was made and the start of moving appropriate tools and equipment was slated to begin.

November 2013 preparation for thanksgiving guests at home, Gods Cozy Acres and Grief Share Holiday Special. Holiday Decorations pulled out of storage and placed all around the house in great anticipation of the celebrated birth of our Lord.

December 2013 preparation for visits of friends from Chimes and others, the close down of the farm for winter and being gone.

One special wish of my new husband Tom, was a trip that would start from Tennessee December 26 taking animals (dog and two cats) to Maryland celebrating Christmas with family and friends, leaving animals for care. January 4, 2014 leave Dulles Airport (Washington DC) for Munich Germany, than to  Cape Town, South Africa.  Packing for "two" this trip included cloths for temperatures from 0 to 90 degrees. This was a trip I never expected to take in my lifetime and it was the trip of a lifetime for me (Tom had done this and loved to go again). What an experience! We shared the Lord with everyone we met and found a number of couples who had similar life changes as Tom and I.

My heart and mind were forever connected to the faces of God's children around the world, who's faces, living conditions, and customs require prayer!  I am so blessed have been born to two wonderful Christian parents and live in the USA.

February 2014 returned to Tennessee to find a new challenge at God's Cozy Acres. Record freezes had caused terrible damage in the retreat center down stairs (kitchen, sitting room, laundry, office, storage room and pantry. The furniture, books, walls, ceilings, carpeting all damaged from water, were all pulled out in the initial clean out and mold was sprayed. We were planning renovation to the other area of the downstairs not the water damaged rooms.

The Lord allows plans to change for His purpose. Walking into this devastation with a mask on, coveralls, jacket with hoody, gloves, a sprayer (defective)with bleach and the attitude that "I" can take care of everything is what God wanted to show me.  The reality was "I" could NOT take care of this situation ALONE.  Still trying to move a large heavy wet cardboard box by pushing on all fours, pulling with ropes around my waste, using a dolly, sitting on the wet floor and pushing with my back against the box until I gave in crying and said," LORD I CAN NOT DO THIS" I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH!" To which He replied, " I  KNEW  THAT! TO BAD YOU'RE SO STUBBORN!"



HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?




I went home broken, talking and crying out to the Lord all the way! Have you been there? By the time I got home I let go and turned it back over to the Lord. It is GOD's Cozy Acres not my cozy acres.


I forgot who was in charge of my life and HE reminded me in a way I could really understand.




February 13, 2014 the new GriefShare program started and I needed to Lead with Faith and Love as an example of what the Lord has given me! My joy (as well as Tom's) comes from helping others find their joy through Christ. My energy needed to be here helping others right now.

March 8, 2014 HOW DO YOU EAT AN ELEPHANT? answer: ONE BITE AT A TIME.

The TRACTOR BARN now is filled with the many tools and supplies in a mostly organized fashion. Still need to do more sorting, get the tractor exhaust pipe cut down 2", move in the last big equipment in the new Tractor Barn, and bring the benches from the storage room up and install.

Each step I take, on my work days there are also a closure to my past life with Dennis and what we built together by the grace of God.  My blessing being I have a husband at home waiting for me with open arms.

I thank and praise the Lord for His forgiveness, grace, tolerance which is actually HIS LOVE!





No comments:

Post a Comment