Thursday, January 11, 2018

Another Year Starts

Another year has started and the label is 2018.  I have a bit of excitement. A couple deadlines that curl my toes, but I have trust in the Lord and myself working together on this.

I ended 2017 with a 35 day cruise with my husband around South America, back in time to start GriefShare January 4th at Gods Cozy Acres farm.  This is my favorite place and I am ready for the challenge of the weather.  This is a work in progress and its coming about in the Lords Time, not mine. I have to give Him all the credit for any progress we make there.The best of all is that everyone who comes out loves it there and feels refreshed and exhilarated.This is still basically a one woman show and God is the lead.  I have a new husband, of five years, but he isn't interested in being in charge. He is my intellectual hero and chief Bible scholar.

Three sessions of GriefShare in 2017 followed by the 35 day cruise has started me on a new task.My new excitement is cooking. The old me said,"  I'm an artist, I don't cook, I decorate the table and place the food on the plates to look beautiful." Well, during the 35 days at sea, I devoured Chef Jacques Pepin's cooking programs. By the time we got off the ship, my new DVDs and two cook books were waiting for me. I have learned some wonderful things and  have started putting them into practice. I am finding fun in the kitchen for the first time. I am not expecting to be writing any cooking books but I think I may learn enough to feel confident to eat my own cooking.

I have, since last year, excelled in my hand made card creations and started selling my cards to bring some funds to Gods Cozy Acres. I really want to share my love of creating cards with other women, because its a great accomplishment and it provides joy to the maker and the receiver.

Mondays I visit two widows and a nursing home. The cards I take (60) computer generated cards to the nursing home, they come with lots of love. All my cards say "Happy Monday" and I get smiles and a few hugs.  I want to share the joy I receive by making and delivering cards to those who are on the other side of life now can't get  get out any more. There are so many nursing homes all over the country, so many elderly people who are so happy to get a card, even computer generated and a word or a touch from another human being. I actually don't remember how many years I've been doing this, perhaps four. I would like to encourage others to take a little time and do this.  I felt sad and missed everyone while I was away on my cruise.

I'm back on track for 2018; cards ready for Monday, and GriefShare is up and running.
I was  afraid of some of my challenges until I put them into proper perspective. With God all things are possible and if they aren't really that important, as I think, God will certainly let me know.

My most important task is every night and every morning to have my time with God. I have really found a better way to pray from Priscilla Shirer's book Fervent. This came after the move "War Room" something else that got me started.  For me this works and I share when I can everything that has changed life for me. I know who I'm fighting now and its not my husband or family members or anyone else human, its the devil himself. Once I got that understood, I was more able to pray much better. I'm far from perfect but I have a better handle on things when I keep up. 

Well, speaking of keeping up. I need to get some sleep, and get this cold under control. This is going to be  a GREAT YEAR!

I WANT YOU ALL TO SAY THAT TOO AND BELIEVE IT.  NO MATTER WHAT LIFE IS TOSSING ON YOUR PLATE, WITH THE LORD WE WILL HANDLE IT BRAVELY!

Have a great week in the Lord, from your sister in Christ maryanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment