Saturday, July 14, 2018

On A New Path Comes Discovery...

Every day is a new day on my path in life, no longer living on a small beautiful quiet farm and now in a lovely noisy golf community, growing in the Lord and trying to help others.

I will tell you, keeping your eyes open does help! One wrong turn and you can stumble, so you must watch your focus.  My work now is focus on things that will please the Lord, which sometimes gives me pause. But, as I move along I have been introduced to people I knew, learning their story and listening to their insights.

I am always amazed to see or hear something new. Paul David Tripp, is a pastor, writer and speaker, I met in our GriefShare program over the last 8 years.The Tripp DVD programs have really inspired me so much! I need all the help I can get! I feel more connected to the Lord, by what I have learned. I understand more now about my life as its progressing between the Cross and Forever. I am understanding "Tough Grace" and why its important. I understand more about being a sinful person married to a sinful person, and that really put us on a level playing field right away. Gods not done with us yet!

 I have decided to retire from working with GriefShare and move into nursing home visitations, of some sort. My husband and I now share a small Bible Study, on Wednesdays with nursing home residences in Loudon Tennessee.  I have kept my visitation of two widows and one other nursing home on Mondays. Its hard to stop something you have been doing for a long time, but if you listen hard you can hear the Lord telling you its time.

I have been a Lutheran all my life and now I am married to a Bible scholar interested in making a difference in others lives with the Gospel. However, He is not satisfied with the information being left out,.as he says. This has led us to attend a Baptist Church.  Now, I think I am getting the best of all worlds because I attend BOTH churches. Makes me quite happy. In this process, my husband has introduced different pastors sermons (on Line) to me. We attended a seminar on World Religions, which I just loved. I learned there are two religions Mans religions and Gods religion. That was followed up by a visit to the Ark in Kentucky. Another wow for me.

I am trying to get ready for a trip over seas Tuesday next for 2 weeks. My husband won't be joining me, but I get the privilege of traveling with my two stepdaughters.  I must get the house ready for my departure, pack my suitcase, make a list for my husband , who will care for the cat and dog and make my greeting cards for this Monday and the next two Wednesdays. I will see how that turns out. At least I took the time to enter something in this blog.
Have a great day in the Lord and be looking to discover something new!
your sister in Christ Maryanne

No comments:

Post a Comment